Friday, July 25, 2008

Try, Try Again

So.

This is my third attempt at blogging. I had hoped to do this a couple of years ago -- even set up the site. But, I managed to stymie myself right off the bat. The blog was intended to tell my children the stories of their heritage. However, I set such rules for myself it was impossible to live up to them. Every post was going to have a picture. Every post would utilize a quotation from a famous author, somehow linked to the story. Every storyline would be tightly woven and very well written. Hah! I managed one or two posts that met the standard and decided I couldn't live up to it again.

Lesson learned. I need to relax. So, I'm taking a different approach, one from a peripheral point of view. I'll wait for inspiration from blogs and conversations my children have about their current lives, and tell whatever story pops into mind.

What the heck. At my age, it's time to be REALLY daring. Sometimes, I might just write about nothing in particular!

1 comment:

ErinRagan said...

YAY! I'm glad you're back. I love to read/hear your stories!